what is the alpha course?Over eleven million people worldwide have now attended an Alpha Course, an opportunity to explore the meaning of life, running in tens of thousands of churches of all denominations and at universities, in prisons and on military bases across the world.
Each session people enjoy great food, laughter and learning in a fun and friendly atmosphere where no question about life and God is seen as too simple or too hostile to discuss...questions like — Is there a God? Why am I here? Where did I come from? Where am I going?
what happens at the alpha course?At an Alpha Course people explore the Christian faith in a relaxed setting over nine thought - provoking weekly sessions.
what can i expect?It is low-key, friendly and fun … and did we mention it includes a free dinner?
who’s it for?
- Explorers - Those who want to pursue the validity of faith in a safe environment
- Starters - Those new to the faith but still having questions about their faith or about the Bible
- Inviters - Those who want to invite their friends to a nonjudgmental, safe place to dialogue in community
when and where is it?UCC will be offering this free nine-week Alpha Course will meet on Thursday evenings beginning on Sept. 20th at 6:00 pm in the Youth Center and dinner is included with every session! All are welcome!
Check it out
- Is There More to Live Than This? Sept. 20
- Who is Jesus? Sept. 27
- Why Did Jesus Have to Die? Oct. 4
- Can I Doubt My Faith? Oct. 11
- How Does God 'Speak' to Us Oct. 18
- Suffering: Where is God When it Hurt? Oct. 25
- Is the Bible Trustworthy? Nov. 1
- Science and Faith Nov. 8
- Barriers to Belief Nov. 15
Contact us to sign up!